Friday, July 30, 2010

Forming an LLC

Well you don't know what we can find. Why don't you come with me, little girl, on a magic carpet ride.

Those lyrics were on repeat in my mind as I started this LLC process.

Who knew that this would be such a pain in the....well you know.

The even worse news? I'm only on step one. That's right. I'm a whiner.

Ok, I'll back up a bit. My DH and I decided, a few years ago, that it would be in our best interest to form an LLC. My DH does a lot of side jobs that he is paid cash for, and I may someday figure out what I want to be when I grow up. So, for liability sake, we should form an LLC.

Fast forward to present day, I have finally got around to starting this process. I'm doing as much research about it as I can, and trying to follow the advice of my mentors.

My goal is to update my blog on the steps of the process and keep my imaginary friends updated.

Stay tuned for Step One.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We can bitch together b/c I really really need to get a vendor's license and possibly a Tax ID #. I am putting it off....and enjoying every second of it!

Countess B said...

I don't even want to imagine the PITA it would be to get a vendor's license. The new Tax ID looks pretty easy, that's like step 4 of this process. Do tell what you have to do to get a vendor's license.