Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Covergirl

As I have mentioned before, I am a BzzAgent and therefore I am able to try new products for free. I receive great coupons for these products to share - so please let me know if you are interested.

I am currently sampling Covergirl's new Natureluxe Collection.

I must admit when I was selected for the campaign I was sooooo excited. Who doesn't love free make up? I was giddy like a teenager.

According to the information I received with the product this "smooth silk foundation trades in a heavier emollient for a touch of cucumber water and a hint of natural jojoba and rosehip extracts. It provides a flawless coverage and a silky lightweight feel."

I agree and disagree. Before trying this new foundation I was/am using a powder foundation. So it was a bit of a change to go back to liquid. But I've used liquid the majority of my adult life so I was up for the task.

I agree that the product is silky. I really liked the texture of the foundation. But I don't necessarily think of it as light. It provides excellent coverage - although I found myself needing to use powder on top to control the oil. That's something I haven't had to do since I was a teen.

Along with the foundation came a Gloss Balm. There isn't a lot to say about plain lip balm, other than I wished I could have tried a different shade.

I've been using these products for the last three days. While my opinion may change as time goes on, I don't think that the products are amazing enough for me to change back from powder to liquid.

I will give you an update on my opinion after more time has passed. Who knows...I may fall in love with this stuff!

No comments: