Thursday, June 11, 2009

Book Recommendation

I just finished reading a FABULOUS book. everyne is beautiful by Katherine Center. Wow.

Fan effing Tastik.

A brief synopsis I took from booksonboard.com is

Lanie Coates just piled everything she owns into a U-Haul and drove with her husband, Peter, and their three boys (all under four) across the country. She’s left her parents, her friends, and all of the comforts of home behind–all because Peter is going to graduate school. Lanie wants to support him while he follows his dreams, but she suspects she’s ignoring her own. Unable to shake the feeling that important aspects of her pre-mom life have gone missing, Lanie decides it’s time to change her life, but can she find herself without losing everything she holds dear in the process?

This book really hit home with me. I've talked about my fight with depression and I wish I had this book 2 years ago to let me know that everything I was feeling wasn't weird.

This book truely captures what it's like to be a mom of multiple kids and how you lose yourself. I love how she handles finding herself. I love her views on marriage. I fell in love with all of the characters.

This is totally out of my "romance" block that I usually read. I hope someone else reads this so that we can gush about how right on the author is. If you have read it, please let me know.

No comments: