Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Life Groups

Our church encourages its members to join Life Groups. Because we only meet on Sunday mornings, this provides an opportunity to get together with other like minded people and share life together.

Some people have really fab life groups. They are truely doing life together.

Ours....not so much.

Now this isn't anyones fault, per se. But something happened this week that really made this weigh on my mind.

Our life group leader was in a motorcycle accident on Friday. I didn't know about it until Sunday, at church, where I saw him all banged up.

This got me thinking....if something major happened in my life, would I contact anyone in my life group to tell them? I mean, theoretically that's what we are supposed to do. That's part of doing life together.

My answer is no, I wouldn't. And that makes me very sad. I feel like I'm missing out on something.

The only time we really see our life group is when we have our meetings. We don't "do life" together.

Who am I kidding? We don't even do life at our meetings. There is very little interaction and about 5% of sharing what is going on in our lives. I guess because I'm a put it all out there kind of girl, I think that others should too.

I don't know if there are excercises we should do as a group to bring us closer or if I'm just in the wrong group. I crave deep discussions. The ones that my "non-christian" friends and I have around a campfire, or at each others kitchen tables.

It would be nice to know that I could call on them in the middle of the night, but they would be the last I would contact.

I'm praying about it. Maybe God will send me a sign. Maybe, if the Lord wills, we get our new place we will start our own.

Who knows?

No comments: