Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Yet another use for Ziplock Freezer Bags...

So my kids decided that they wanted to see if they could fly. I remember wondering the same things as a child and decided not to say anything and just observe.

First they climbed onto a box that is in the living room (waiting to be taken to storage) and jump off flapping their arms.

They flapped their arms like crazy and were convinced that they flew just a little bit. But they needed a softer landing.

So they pulled the cushions off my couch and chair, lined them up and covered them with blankets.

Then they tried again. They discussed amongst themselves and decided that the landing was AWESOME but they needed to get more height. So they put another tote on top of the current tote and jumped flapping their arms with all their might.

The conversed again and decided that they flown even higher, but they needed something to give them more lift.

At this point my princess runs into the kitchen and gets into my baggie drawer. She pulls out 4 of the gallon size Ziploc freezer bags. She gets a pair of scissors for her and her brother and then instructs him how to measure his wrist and cut a hole in the bottom of the baggie.

She then helps her brother slip his baggie on and "ziplocs" them around his upper arms. He returns the favor and now they both have wings.

They climb back onto the box and proceed to "fly" for the next 45 minutes. Each time convinced they had stayed in the air even longer. Each sibling was responsible for observing the "time in air" for the other.

I am so blessed to have children that can play together, be imaginative, show teamwork and use problem solving skills. All without a word uttered from me.

Well - ok - I did say something. It was along the lines of -

"If you two break something - either my candleholders or your body parts - you are getting a whippin."

That's Mom of the Year stuff right there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site hardearnedmarks.blogspot.com
Is this possible?

Countess B said...

I would need more information. Please send me an email with your blog info. Thanks!