Tuesday, February 2, 2010

So clear and yet I still didn't see it.

So today I had MOPS. I mentioned in my post below. This is my Mothers of Preschoolers meeting.

Today the speaker talked about The 5 Love Languages. As I've stated before, this is familiar territory.

But one this that became clear to me....I can use this with people in my life BESIDES my DH.

My life will be so much better (I hope) if I fill my kids, mother, and friend's love tanks.

I spent some time today figuring out what language my kids speak. Unfortunately they speak languages that are difficult for my.

My princess speaks Words of Affirmation as her primary and physical touch as her secondary.

My prince speaks Touch first, and Quality Time second.

The Words of Affirmation are pretty easy. Which is probably why princess and I get a long for the most part.

It's all so clear now. Physical touch for me is very low in importance. So I avoid it. That's not to say that I'm not affectionate with my children. I am. They are always getting hugs and kisses. But they need more than that.

Now that I GET IT I can be pro active with this and fill up my kiddos tanks. Which should make for a happier more cohesive family unit.

Let me know what you think. Has anyone out there tried this with their own kids? Is it logical? Any success stories? If anyone has any questions please post them as well. I would love to help walk you through the thought process on this one.

No comments: