Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday Movie

This week's movie was actually a mini-series, but is now available in movie form via Netflix.

Lost in Austen

Here is the Netflix description:

After a dispute with her boyfriend, Amanda lands in the 19th-century world of author Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. While helping the Bennet sisters find husbands, Amanda accidentally causes problems that could alter the course of the tale. Throughout this British series, Amanda must balance her feelings for Mr. Darcy (Elliot Cowan) with her responsibility to the one of the world's greatest love stories. Jemima Rooper stars.

I didn't read far enough on Netflix to see that this is a United Kingdom drama. I mean, in my mind ALL movies are made in America.

However my ignorance didn't detract from this witty movie one bit!

I found myself thinking about it even after I watched it. I played certain scenes over and over in my mind and imagined how I would have handled certain situations.

This is a must see for any Jane Austen fans, time travel fans, and plain ol' romantics.

I rated it 5 stars.

No comments: