Monday, December 8, 2008

This is a venting post - prepare yourself for some major complaining

I am SUPER mad right now. DH and I just had a major fight because he came home and I was napping. Now I've said before...I love to sleep. It's one of my favorite pastimes.

I asked him what he needed to see done when he got home in order to make him happy. He said have the dishes done and living room clean. I did that, plus laundry, plus bathed kids and sorted and organized and got rid of a lot of clutter.

But does that matter NOOOOO.

He finally came clean. His mother and other SAHM's DO NOT SLEEP. So napping is unacceptable to him. What is acceptable is cleaning for 7+ hours a day. According to him, there is always something to do, so I should be up doing it. With a smile, and have dinner ready for him, and perform my wifely duties.

I AM SO BEYOND PISSED.

But what can I do? I want to stay home with my kids. My only other option is to go work. Do what he wants, or go to work.

I have to go, my kids are asking for me to beat them.

2 comments:

PrincessButtercup said...

I went back to work enthusiastically because of that very attitude. no matter what I did at home it wasn't good enough for wee wee. think about wee wee and your dh, neither of them can sit still. i TOTALLY understand. why don't you move in here and I'll send wee wee to live with dh? The kids can stay with them too! See how long that lasts.

Elle Dubya said...

hey, if you can't vent here then what good is the blog?!?! rant on sister! lack of appreciation was a major issue i had with my first husband. appreciation and even acknowledgement go along way. "thank you" is the second most powerful phrase in the english language, only after "i love you" of course. hope things get better **hugs**