Monday, December 1, 2008

My Monday Confession

Ok, I was going to make Mondays Monday Mission. But since I've added Tackle it Tuesday, I think I'll stick with Monday Confession.

So here is my confession for today:

I feel like it's 3 against 1 in the family. I don't mean emotionally. I mean work wise. I feel like I am constantly cleaning. No one helps. Don't get me wrong, if I scream and repeat myself 14 times, my daughter will take her clothes that she just took off in the living room back to the laundry baskets, but that's more effort than it's worth.

Same with toys. My daughter obeys my rule and only has 1 baby in the living room. My son somehow gets several trucks, then dumps a puzzle etc. He's only 2. I'm not really sure what I can expect from him.

Then there's my DH. Don't get me wrong. He picks up his clothes and takes them to the hallway. He carries his dirty dishes to the sink. But he doesn't rinse them off.

I do all the laundry, wash all the dishes, picks up all the rooms. No wonder my house ALWAYS looks a mess. I'm the ONLY one doing anything about it, and I'm only one person.

Anyone ever felt the same? Anyone have any suggestions. I don't want to ask for help from DH becaus cleaning and stuff is now my "job".

I'm frustrated.

2 comments:

Elle Dubya said...

the lesson that was hardest for me to learn as a parent was consistency with expections and follow through. heck - that's a life lesson as well. my kids would always leave their toys and school things laying around the house because even though i'd moan and groan about it, i was the one in the end that picked it all up. now - as we enter the house each afternoon, my first instruction is "take those book bags to your rooms and put your shoes in your closet" - they've heard it 100 times but i still say it every day. ditto on the toys in the living room - i let them bring one thing out at a time and they have to put it away before bringing anything else - usually they just keep it in their room and play in there. i'm the housecleaning nazi these days...

WickedMayhem247 said...

Off topic...


I have no access to your other blog.

This bums me out.