Monday, December 28, 2009

Tithing in 2010

I'm not even sure I spelled that right. But it's an issue that's been on my mind. According to legend (ehem) and to some according to God via the bible we are supposed to tithe 10%.

Now - no one is really sure if that means 10% of money - or 10% of time + money or what the exact combination is.

So I decided to try to figure out if we could afford 10% of straight money.

It's a good possibility that with some going without luxeries...we could.

Is that what God intended? Then what about the time I donate to the church - is that just bonus?

Then I felt guilty about giving less than 10%...

I just don't know where to stand on this one....

1 comment:

Russell Earl Kelly said...

Study both viewpoints and come to your own conclusion. For the grace giving viewpoint see my site at www.tithing-russkelly.com