Thursday, December 31, 2009

Good bye 09

So here it is....the last day of 2009. A day full to the brim of bright expectations of the year yet to come.

Of course, tomorrow harsh reality will settle in. Some of us will be hungover. Some of us will wonder who we are waking up beside.

Some of us (aka me) will wake up just like any other day. Stumble to the bathroom, then stumble to the kitchen to run the water for my oh-so-needed coffee. Then while the coffe is brewing I will pull away hands that are tugging at my shirt, begging for cereal, or more likely pickles.

I'll breathe a deep sigh and smile - grateful that I have these small pests blessings.

After finishing up my coffee and breaking up several fights I'll start a load of laundry and unload the dishwasher. All of the previous nights feelings of hope now washed away by the daily ugly grind.

Sigh.....

But tonight - I'll not think about that. Tonight I'll think about all of the fantastic, amazing, wonderful things that are going to happen to me and my family and friends in the year 2010.

I'll think about those wonderful things - and sip some moonshine. Cause that's how I roll.

1 comment:

PrincessButtercup said...

Alas the addage.....out with the old in with the new. Another year for our friendship to continue to grow. I am still amazed at all the things we have shared and look forward to sharing many more moments with you my BESTEST FRIEND. I am so grateful that you are a part of my life. Here's to great adventure in 2010