Friday, July 8, 2011

Parmesan Crusted Venison Roast

I found this recipe and made it for our family. It is a HUGE hit getting 4 stars. (One star for each member of the family).

Well I decided to see if it would also work as well on a roast. I know it's seems a little odd, but my family says they are up for the challenge. I'm hoping that by coating it with the mustard and Parmesan that it will stay moist. My biggest challenge with venison roast is that it dries out so much you have to have gravy to choke it down.

So I make the marinade and put it and the Parm on the roast around 3:00. I check it at 6:00 and it's not quite at 160. Everyone is starving and I need to figure something out fast. So I bump the heat to 400 and put it back in for another half hour and bribe the children with rice left over the previous night.

When I check it again it is at temp and is nice and crusty. I let it rest for 10 mins and then go in to cut it. It was very tender. I cut myself and the kids (DH was not home) some of the roast. I also had some white potatoes from a can heated, but that's only because my children had opened it earlier in the day while they were playing school. Don't ask it's a long story.

Anyhow we all enjoyed our first helping and the three of us shared a second helping. This tasted awesome and I will absolutely make this again!

No comments: