Monday, October 15, 2007

So, is it because he's a redneck or......

So every single morning, during the week, I follow the same routine. I have followed this same routine for the past year. I get up at 5 a.m., get my shower, do my makeup and my hair. Then I pack the diaper bag.

My husband's only job is to get the kids toast and chocolate milk ready, then to get my son up, change his diaper, then load him in the jeep. I then get my daughter up, and get her ready to do to the jeep, and then I load her.

Last week, he was gone all week, so all of the above duties fell to me. No big whoop, I'm getting use to feeling like a single mom most of the time.

But he was home this morning. When I got out of the shower, and got dressed, I came out into the living room, to see my husband, fully dressed, and snoozing on the chair. No breakfast has been made, no chocolate milk has been poured, etc.

So I, instantly furious, ask WTF? Is the diaper bag packed, is the milk poured...

He looked at me and said, well, you didn't lay the cups out for me...and I didn't know.....

UMMMMM.....HELLO?????? Is he a part of this family? Has he lived with us for the last year???

NOTHING HAS CHANGED. Nothing. So is it because he is lazy? Is it because he's a redneck, and just assumes that I, YES I, BECAUSE I HAVE A VAGINA, will do everything????

Uggghhhh....and he wonders why I have to take anxiety and depression medication

No comments: