Wednesday, August 6, 2008

and you are here with?

The best part about DH's family reunion is that no one in his family knows anyone. Well, ok, my DH and his mom and his brother know his dad's sisters. But other than that, they know no one. Nor do they speak to anyone other than the aunts.

Well that stopped this year. I must have had a sign on that said "Talk to me" because A LOT of people did. Here I thought I had perfected the "stay away" look, but apparently not.

The most popular question of the day was "How do you belong in this family?" When I would explain I would just get funny looks. Who do you belong to again? Oh yeah, ok, I know who that is.....

Then I had to open up my mouth about sending out e-mail reminders regarding the family reunion instead of mailing them. That got a lot of interest.

Who are you again?

How long have you been in this family?

Where do you live?

Then I come to find out that Arthur's Grandmother on his dad's side was french? I'm not sure where the Scottish/Irish come in, but I know that it's in there. Now I need to research his family as well as mine.

I WISH I COULD FIND THE TIME. I need to stop watching TV altogether and get on the computer more.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how to research your family tree? I need all the help I can get.

1 comment:

Sornie said...

I have absolutely no idea how to get started with genealogy but my dad's cousin (from Denmark) found him and has taken huge strides to meet all sorts of relations in the states. It takes plenty of time and he does a ton of traveling to actually meet people too.