Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I wasn't kidding about the napping thing....

In previous posts I have mentioned that sleeping is one of my favorite hobbys. This is a tradition passed down through my family. Many people have a hard time understanding this.

When I was growing up my family did a lot of "visitin". My dad has 2 brothers and 2 sisters. Plus one cousin that was raised with him like a brother. So every weekend, and sometimes through the week either we would load up in the car and go to one of their houses, or they would come to us.

The normal routine would be visit for a few minutes while we waited to eat. Then we'd eat. Dad (or Uncles) would have some type of sports on. The women would sit and gossip.

Slowly everyone would find a soft place to crash. It could be on the floor. It could be on the couch. The kids would go to the kids rooms and crash on floors and beds.

Everyone would doze on and off for a few hours.

Anyhow. Since I married the sleep nazi I haven't had the pleasure of that much sleeping. Until yesterday.

I went over to my grandmother's to check on her. I've made it a vow to see her at least once a month, if not more.

So I knock and get no answer. That's weird, because I KNOW she's home. So I try the door and walk right in. I yell for her and she answers. She said she'd been napping on the couch. I told her to go ahead back to napping, that I would nap with her. So I crawled onto my grandpa's favorite chair and kicked back. I could still smell a little bit of his cologne. Grandma was back asleep before I got settled in. Then we slept for about an hour until my sister got there with my kids.

We have decided that during my monthly visits we will nap, then just chat for a few moments before I leave. That's enough bonding for us.

Does anyone else love sleep THAT much? Or is my family a bunch of sleepyheads?

2 comments:

Sornie said...

I am the exact opposite. I have so many problems sleeping during the day but at night once I hit the bed I am out.

PrincessButtercup said...

I love that! The cologne on the chair had to have been a great comfort. How's grandma?
LIZA