Monday, September 15, 2008

...and I'll huff, and I'll puff...

No, my house didn't get blown down, but it felt like it was going to. The wind last night was CRAZY. I'm still without power. It really really sucks.

But here's a weird thing. DH and I met with a financial guy on Friday. His work is based on faith in Jesus Christ. Which I have.

Ok, so he made a comment that stuck in my mind. He said, now that you two have professed your relationship with Christ, and your willingness to make your life prosperous to reflect his goodness (or some such words like that) you will be both attacked spiritually, and blessed spiritually. DH and I waited until he looked away then we rolled our eyes at each other.

I was thinking in my head - Whatever dude, just tell me how I can save enough money to buy or build my house, k?

So that was Friday, fast forward to Sunday. After church DH and I make a little road trip down about 1 hour away from us to purchase a fridge that seemed like a good deal.

It was a good deal because it was in our price range, and it worked. We didn't care about anything else.

So we pick it up and it is awesome!! Water and Ice dispenser works, climate controlled drawers for veggies.....all for $125.00. WOW!! Ok, that is a spiritual blessing. I mean, how fantastic.

We get home and get ready to go to small group. See our church only has service on Sunday mornings. So to keep us from being heathens the rest of the week we have small groups of people get together to discuss the sermon, or other topics weighing on our minds.

Then the wind started to blow.

We came home to an almost disaster.

If we had been home instead of at small group ALL OF OUR VEHICLES WOULD BE INOPERABLE. That's right, all of them. And we have 3. One car was still at home, and did have a tree top snap off and hit it in the center of the hood, leaving a HUGE dent. Luckily this is a work car that doesn't look that great to begin with. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow.

Another trees snapped off in the center and fell onto our driveway RIGHT WHERE WE USUALLY PARK OUR VEHICLES. DH had driven seperately to the small group meeting because he was still installing our fridge when it was time to get there.

Wow....that's just freaky. Thank goodness I've got the Lord on my side.

I hope everyone else made it through the storm.

No comments: