Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Livin in an Amish Paradise....

I STILL don't have power. Yep, it's Wednesday and I've been without power now for 4 days.

I'm getting so tired of lugging water up from the creek and washing in the rain barrel.

My kids love peeing outside though. I can't quite get my eyes used to reading by kerosene latern light. Or candle light. So I've been going to bed really early. 9:15 at the latest.

This morning, I was feeling around for my deoderant in my bag, and cut a chunk off the top of my right ring finger with my razor. That's going to make for a really fun typing test. Yeah, part 2 of the civil service exam today, and I now have a major handicapp. That sucks.

Ok, we've had enough trials and attacks, I'm ready for the blessigs. I was discouraged this morning, but I'm feeling more positive the more awake I become. Could be the sugar high from my coffee.

Well, I gotta run, the butter won't churn itself.

1 comment:

Sornie said...

The longest I survived without power was 11 days durning the great Halloween ice storm of 1990. Beat THAT!