Thursday, February 28, 2008

Run boy run!!

So yesterday my kids are playing on the couch. I know, I'm a bad parent because I let my kids romp all over my furniture, but if it keeps them occupied for 15 minutes, it's worth it to me.

So anyhow, the normal hitting/slapping is going on....

I tell the boy to stop, he says NO. I tell him if he tells me no one more time, he's going into time out.

Not only does he say NO to me, but he shakes his fist at me.

Now I'm seriously offended. I did not raise him like that. His entire 1 year of his life has been modeled to respect his mother and other adults.

So I go over to pick him up to put him in the time out zone. My lovely little daughter, who just moments ago was screaming about being hit, says to her brother "Run boy Run - you are going to go into time out - RUN!!"

I'm torn. I want to laugh really hard. If it wasn't my own child, I would have laughed so hard I'd have probably peed my pants.

But this is my child. I must set an example.

So I, trying to keep a straight face, let the Little Princess know that is not acceptable behavior, and if I catch her saying it again, I'll be putting her in time out.

Sigh......

Why does she have to have the mouth of a teenager??

1 comment:

Sornie said...

Just imagine the mouth when she is an actual teenager.