Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Wait a minute....

Yesterday, after work, I was attempting to feed my children some eggplant casserole with spagetti.

My daughter eats her noodles - sans sauce - and declares herself full. My son is picking at his.

So my daughter commences to tormenting him. Slaps and kicks ensue. I'm playing referee, and yelling. Finnaly, after my son (who is 20 months old - remember) head butts his sister.

Now I know, I should have put them in time out at the first hit. But I was trying to eat as well, I was just trying to get them to calm down and leave each other alone.

Ok, so I immediately order them to time out. The boy in the hall, the girl in the living room, facing the wall.

The girl is talking to herself, and then I hear her say.....WAIT A MINUTE!!! Mom, why am I in time out??? I didn't hit my brother, he hit me with his head!!! I'm not supposed to be in time out.

She said this with all the drama only a three year old can produce.

So I calmly told her about my repeated requests to stop hitting. So she settled down.

Note to self: Be assertive more quickly when dealing with the children.

Also, as a side note, I'm down 4lbs. This is FINALLY some encouraging news on the weight loss front. Now, to lose 4 more.....

While I'm on the topic of weight loss - it's MUCH easier to stay on track if you are PREPARED. I had no breakfast stuff this morning, so I had to make due with an instant breakfast - which sucked. So go to the store when you are getting close to running out of your stuff.

My Zuma class starts on Thursday. I'm very excited. I hope we have a good instructer.

Ok, enough droning on and on.....

1 comment:

just to see me smile said...

We went to sign up at the Y this past weekend. They wanted three paychecks just to get started! Ok not that bad but 200.00 bad. No wonder the world is unhealthy! It's too expensive to get anywhere. Love ya!!