Friday, February 29, 2008

I almost threw up in class

Last night was my first night in hell doing a Zumba class.

First of all, I was the biggest girl in the class. Everyone there (except for my peeps) had their hair perfectly coiffed and make up applied precisely.

I was wearing a bleach stained pair of too big lounging pants and an oversized t-shirt.

Everyone else had their cutesy little work out outfits on.

Then the class started and I realized a way to encourage myself to not eat: put mirrors up everywhere.

Honestly, I think I've gotten as heavy as I have because I don't really look at myself in the mirror. I mean, I see myself thorugh rose colored glasses, I guess.

But that mirror in the class....wooo weee....it shows every single imperfection on you.

But me and my peeps...ok, not all of my peeps, but most of us....we were the only ones with rythem.....everyone else was hopeless...

OMG, lets just say that muscles that I haven't felt in years were aching last night.

If I don't lose some inches by the end of this six week class, then I'm hopeless.

But on the plus side, I've lost, and kept off for a week 4 lbs.

That's major encouragement to me. I'll keep plowing along. Also, I'm going to post of my other site today.

No comments: