Thursday, October 23, 2008

Saving money is a big fat pain


DH and I made a decision to pay off all of our bills except our mortgage and our jeep payment. This would free us up enough to purchase a home and rent out our tube on 5 acres.

Well, shortly after we made that decision DH purchased the hated CAR. Taking up enough money to pay off 2 credit cards.

Just wanted everyone to remember that and feel bad for me and my sacrifices. That fact really has nothing to do with my story.

Ok, anyhow we have really cut back on our spending in order to save more money. I am bucking against that for one occasion. We are going to Howl at the Moon on November 8th with 100 of our closest friends. I plan on getting blasted. I haven’t been blasted in over 1 year. I’m due.

Anyhow here is how we’ve been saving money.

We only eat out once a week, and only if I ABSOLUTELY refuse to cook. And there aren’t any eggs or hot dogs that DH can cook.

We are making the kids Halloween costumes this year. Or borrowing them. Or something other than buying.

I am making my breakfast at night and making tea before I leave so that I don’t stop at the evil Circle K and spend $3.00 a day on coffee and muffins.

I am making my own lunch to take to work so that I don’t spend $6-7 dollars per day.

I can’t remember what else…but it’s a good start at least. Oh yeah and DH is working his dump truck and bringing in a few hundred dollars each week or so….


That’s about it. Not sure how much that will save us, but we will see.

1 comment:

Sornie said...

I've so far held off on turning the furnace on. It's been 30 degrees outside a few mornings now and the temperature inside was 56 this morning. If I can last 'til Nov. 1, I win.