Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Come one, come all.........

Last night, at ten till nine, DH suddenly decides that my Livvie needs a bath. Now I think I've talked about Livvie before. She's my amstaff that we rescued from New York.

Note to self, think of a better name for DH than DH

Anyhow, he jumps up and chases her to the back. The heathens children ran quickly behind them. My spidey senses advised me that this would be a good time to catch up on some reading as the children would be occupied for AT LEAST 10 minutes.

Shortly into the first chapter I had to put my book down. The conversations in the back were classic. It went something like this:



The daughter (Here after known as PD for this story)"Dad, can I sit here and watch you? Dad, why is Livvie getting a bath? (giggling) Dad, giving Livvie a bath is sooo fun."

DH "Because she is dirty. Don't you get dirty when you play outside"

PD "Yeah....Dad, what did she do to get dirty? Did she roll in the dirt?"

DH *Sigh* "Probably PD - Livvie was running through the woods and so she was in the dirt and the mud"

Silence with the sound of water running in the background.

DH "SON!!! GET OFF THE HOT WATER RIGHT NOW. YOU CANNOT BE ON THE HOT WATER YOU COULD BURN YOURSELF OR LIVVIE."

I'm not really sure how my son was on the hot water as it's a tub/shower combo and the faucets are on the wall. Maybe he was in the sink. Whatever, I'm sure the son got the point.

PD "Dad, why is she standing like that?"

DH "Because I'm washin..."

PD "DAD DAD - WHY IS SHE PUTTING HER LEG UP LIKE THAT?"

DH - Total exasperation in his voice - "PD Livvie doesn't like to get a bath - do YOU like to get a bath?"

PD Yeah, I do...

DH - Sigh - "Ok, well you know how YOUR BROTHER doesn't like getting a bath - well neither does Livvie"

PD "Oh, ok"

DH "Now go get Daddy a......SON...YOU CANNOT CLIMB ON THE WASHER LIKE THAT!!! OMG YOUR MOM IS GOING TO KILL ME. GET DOWN NOW. THAT IS NOT A TOY, PUT THAT DOWN. YOU CAN DO LAUNDRY WITH MOMMY TOMORROW YOU DON'T NEED THE LAUNDRY SOAP. BOY!!! I'M NOT KIDDING. YOU ARE SO LUCKY THAT I CAN'T COME OVER TO YOU RIGHT NOW. DAUGHTER!! WHERE ARE THE TOWELS? DAMNIT - LIVVIE DO NOT SHAKE! SIT... I SAID SIT!!

PD "Dad, why are you so mad?

It actually went even further as he cleaned Livvies ears...but I don't have time to type that. I'm grinning from ear to ear just thinking about it....

I love my family.

1 comment:

Sornie said...

Wow, that sounds like a peaceful evening with very little yelling. I am picturing a throbbing forehead vein.