Thursday, November 15, 2007

The grass is always greener....

DH had a small melt down last night. I've had the same meltdown several times, so I know how he's feeling.

Sometimes, on our path we've chosen to walk together, it seems like we keep running into steep hills, and walls and seemingly dead ends, and all kinda of obstacles.

It seems like we struggle and struggle to be good parents, and have low debt, and scrimp and save, and we both work hard, with him working 60+ hours most weeks, but we never get ahead.

Most of our friends live in fabulous houses, with fabulous cars, and wear the latest clothes, and go on shopping sprees etc.

We live in a single tube, the newest vehicle we own is an 04 and the transmission light is on in it.

The last "shopping spree" I went on was for a bra because the only ones that fit me were nursing bras and I haven't nursed for over a year.

I'd say 98% of my clothes are hand me downs from people who have either gained or lost weight.

Wow, I'm depressing myself just reading this.

But like I told him last night when he was bitchin about never getting ahead, and never having it easy:

We have a GREAT marriage, a pretty good sex life that keeps getting better, fabulous healthy children, a warm place to sleep at night, and full bellies.

Nothing else matters.

Except that Princess Set I want to get for the daughter for christmas....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds to me life is good for you.