Monday, November 26, 2007

A random fact about me

I have to go to Discount Drug Mart (DDM) at least once a week. I have been doing this for the last 3 and 1/2 years. Most weeks I go to DDM, then also to a grocery store.

I spend roughly $50-$60 at DDM and $100 at the grocery store. Unless I missed the grocery store. On the week I skip the grocery store, I spend about $100 at DDM, and then the following week I spend about $150-$200 at the grocery store.

I know what you are all thinking...what the HELL are you spending so much money on?

Well here are things that I HAVE to have each week:

1) Diapers- appx. $9.99 for 34 diapers. Some weeks I have to buy 2 packs - 1 for my house, 1 for the sitter.

2) Wipes - appx. $6.99 - again, 1 for my house, 1 for the sitter. Sometimes I can skip a week on this item.

3) Kool-Aid - 7 packs for $2.00

4) Cereal - Roughly $1.99 per box - Generic DDM brand

5) Bread - $1.49 per loaf - 2 loafs per week.

6) Milk - $2.49-$3.99 per gal.

7) Dog food - $7.99 per 40lb bag - 1 bag lasts appx. 1 week.

8) Laundry Detergent - this is an every other week thing - $3.99, if I get it on sale

9) Sugar - I have no idea the price on this one, but I buy one every week, because we make so much tea and koolaid

Those are just my basic "must haves".

Then I make out my menu's for the following week, and buy whatever ingredients I need for those meals. I like to try new meals at least 4 times a week, and only try to eat out once a week at most.

So does everyone else do this, or am I putting more work into this than I should?

No comments: