Thursday, November 1, 2007

Only a slight irritation..

I’ve never said that I’m a good housekeeper. Actually, I think I’ve stated the exact opposite. But you know things are bad when you ask:

Honey, have you seen the stroller?

Now I can see overlooking or misplacing a shirt, keys, papers, diaperbag, cup, toothbrush, purse, hairbrush, glasses, food, dishes, etc. But a stroller??? WOW!! I need some serious re-organization.

And I’ll get right on it. When I have a “free” moment. Wait, free moments are to be spent focusing on me, not on the house or the kids.

So DH knew right where the stroller was (in the shed) and we loaded it, along with 5 bags, to take to GG’s in order to do our last round of trick or treating.

We took Livvie, dressed as a butterfly, and our princess and our dragon. All had a great time, except most of the time you heard this from my DH:

No, Livvie, you can’t go play with that dog.

Heel Livvie, followed by a dry Hhgggk, Hhggkk from her choking from pulling on her lead.

Then, HEEL LIVVIE – I SAID HEEL. – Yeah, she does well on a lead – WHATEVA.

The only thing that pissed me off was when someone asked “Is that a pit pull?” To which my DH gave a quirky smile that answered their question without words. While I am frantically yelling ahead – “No, she’s an Amstaff Terrier”.

Ok, so Amstaff's are a cousin to the Pit Bull. So what? I REFUSE to allow my precious Livvie to be grouped in with monster dogs. She is the best dog we’ve had…and trust me, we’ve had a few.

I just hate that DH is proud of the fact that we have a dreaded "Pit Bull". The same as he is proud that we have 2 Rottweilers. He says that he likes proving people wrong.

It seems like that's the theme of our life - proving people wrong.

Here are a list of things we've proved so far:

That you don't have to wear helmets when you ride a motorcycle
That Rotts and Pitts make great pets
That you CAN save money by heating with wood
That you can beat someone's ass and then have dinner with them the following week
That a woman can ride her own motorcycle
That a goody goody and a biker/trucker can make a marriage last
Kids can eat dogfood and not get sick
Peeing outside IS more hygenic than porta johns
That not all rednecks have broken down cars in the yard
That women CAN have multiple orgasms
That fat women ARE sexy
You can have a fabulous wedding on less than $2,000
That your marriage can survive a threesome

Ok, I made up that threesome part. Even though it's a fantasy, we haven't lived it, and probably never will. But it's fun to think about, isn't it!!

So, maybe tonight I’ll get to start on that whole organizing thing. Right after I do dishes, cook supper, and occupy my kids because DH is out of town – AGAIN.

Sometimes I hate being a married, yet single mother.

1 comment:

robkroese said...

I don't think anyone ever said you couldn't ride a motorcycle without a helmet. I think they said you SHOULDN'T, probably because of the brain damage.