Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A bitchin post

A bitching post.

Yesterday we received a sympathy card from some friends. We used to be very close to these friends, but for various reasons, we are more like acquaintances now. Mostly it’s because of me.

I’m very jealous of them and their lives. What kind of friend is jealous of another friend? Well I am, of them. First of all, they seem way more wealthy then we are. Now this is not the reason in itself that I am jealous. I have several friends that are better off then we are. Let’s be honest, it’s not difficult to be better off then we are.

First, let me explain that she is a S.A.H.M. Which is wonderful in itself. I’m glad she can be with her kids. He goes into houses that have been foreclosed and cleans them out. Apparently that is very lucrative.

Anyhow, they have a HUGE home, I mean, over 5,000 Sq. Ft. Which around here, is HUGE. Including a 6 car garage, swimming pool, the works.

They have a HUGE television….brand new. They have 2 BRAND NEW vehicles. One of which is a truck that I know was at least $70,000.00.

She goes shopping for clothes for her and her children at least once a week.

They went to Disneyland for Christmas. They took their BIL’s, MIL’s, FIL’s. For an entire week.

They bought a car (2008 Mustang) for a friend (rumored to be a friend with benefits).

I could go on and on.

Technically, as a friend, I should be happy for them. Excited for them. But I’m not. I’m jealous and resentful. WTF are we doing wrong that we don’t even have 1 of the above items???

So anyhow, we get a sympathy card, and it says that they don’t understand why we aren’t close anymore, they miss us, and love us, and want our kids to spend time together. They are there for us..blah, blah…and again, that they want us to be close again.

What should I say? What should I do? Tell her how I feel. That will more than likely just piss her off…..

How can I change my feelings? Should I??

2 comments:

jsttrintofgrtout said...

I would keep the jealous to myself. If you love and miss this person, if they are a true friend when you need them, you should not be jealous of what they have. Love, respect and trust are what make a friend worth having (in my opinion).

If they are all of those things, what they have shouldn't matter.


Keeping up with the Jones’s is now way to live. I think it would make life very stressful and hard to enjoy.

I’m sure you have worked hard for what you have…so what if it’s not brand new. Besides, not all of us are lucky enough to have a silver spoon in out mouths...I'm sure they had some help along the way.

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel...although I am competely ashamed of myself. My friend has had nothing all her life,I was the one to have it all, now that the roles are reversed I can't stand it. I find myself not answering the phone when she calls and coming up w/ lame excuses to blow her off.

As far as advice, I have none. I am dealing w/ my own battles on the same issue. It's just nice to know that I'm not the only one out there to have a case of the "GREEN MONSTER".