Thursday, January 24, 2008

I will not smack my Mother-In-Law

Ok, I might smack her, not too hard. She is still grieving after all.

A lot of you have heard me complain about how my In Laws are certifiable RedNecks - borderline white trash???

Yeah, well here is a perfect example.

I came home yesterday, and my SIL was at my house. (She cleans for me twice a week, and I pay her for it, and it makes me happy. For at least the first hour I'm home on those days).

Anyhow, my SIL was sitting on my chair, and I was calling my MIL to see if the funeral home had given her any special Thank you Cards, or if we were just going to buy them ourselves. We had received a lot of gifts and cards, and I wanted to get a head start on completeing the Thank You's.

She wasn't home, so I just left a message. My SIL (who is sweet as pie, but kinda on the dumb side), said "MIL wants me to run her to the store"

I was like "wha??" "What are you talking about????"

She said, "Yeah, MIL wants to get some poster board, like the kind you use for garage sales, and some stakes. We're going to make 2 signs, one for her yard, and one for ours, that says "Thanks for your gifts, thoughts and prayers. Isn't that better than sending Thank you cards?"

I sucked in a deep breath and let it out slowly. I stood up, walked over to my front door. I stretched my neck while I picked up my ciggerattes and lighter. I turned back around, and looked at her as I opened the door.

"DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, TAKE HER TO BUY THAT STUFF. I'LL HAVE DH TALK TO HER."

SIL just looked at me with this blank kinda puzzled smile. She said ok, I won't.

It's better if I do the thinking for them. At least they listen. That's one step better than my dogs, or my kids.

2 comments:

jsttrintofgrtout said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jsttrintofgrtout said...

sorry I had to delete the fist one...I messed up :) but anyway maybe you should suggest an e-card. It would be much more tastefull

that is pretty funny!!!