Monday, January 14, 2008

Soy Nuts

So technically this weekend should have sucked. I'm battling a sever sinus infection, I have a cold sore on both my top and bottom lips, and my dog died. I'm not making that up to make me more pitiful.

She was 11 - and that's 1 year past her average life expectancy. I'm still in mourning, and my heart aches every time I think of her.

But that aside, I had a really great weekend. We did one last Christmas at my moms, which the kids LOVED. One more day of opening presents. And it was nice because I got to visit with my sisters.

Then on Sunday, we went to a church in town. We have made a New Years Resolution to get our butts to church so that our children don't grow up to be heathens. We had been invited to this church over and over for a long time. But we kept blowing it off.

But it was AWESOME. It far exceeded my expectations. The songs and the sermon kept my interest, and made me laugh. I felt better about myself and my life more so than I had in the last 2 years.

And the most amazing thing is that my DH (who believes he is going to hell, and is quite happy about that) actually enjoyed it as well. It gave us something to talk about, other than our children, and we are both looking forward to the next week. How amazing is that???? Pretty f(*&ing amazing, let me tell ya.

Oh yeah, and I went to the grocery store, so that we can eat better. I'm trying to make vegatables be the center of our meals, instead of meat. So I bought a TON of veggies aaannnnddd I bought myself a package of SOY NUTS!! Roasted/unsalted. I love them. And I read an article that they are really good for my eating style, as they are filling, and yet not calorie laden.

So I go to the Endocrinologist today for my test results from my bloodwork. Will I be diabetic?? Will I still have a Vitamin D deficiency?? Who knows. But I'm not even worrying about it.

I'm on a Soybean High!!

No comments: