Saturday, January 26, 2008

OMG, I'm becoming Uncle Shiny Face!

I realized this morning that I have adapted a very undesirable trait.

I lie to my DH regarding the food that I eat.

Auntie Come Hither and I have talked about Uncle Shiny Face's eating disorder. He's a closet eater.

He eats normal at home, but leaves home and gets huge amounts of fast food, junk food, candy bars, and pop, energy drinks etc.

It has become an real issue in their relationship.

I've always agreed with ACH, and how he needs to stop. He needs to be honest, etc.

But here lately, since DH and I have been "watching our weight" and working out and such....I've been lieing to him.

I know that I'll get this 10 minute lecture in a stern voice, and crossed arms, and blah blah blah....

So I don't mention if I have some M&M's. I don't mention if I stop at McDonalds for breakfast. I don't mention if we order lunch at work and I get a cheeseburger.

I don't want the guilt lecture.

I guess I need to quit being a hypocrite.

Or he needs to quit trying to be my father/judge.

One of the two.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a real touchy issue.

Do you want to loose the weight for you or for him? I have read a lot of your blogs and it seems that you feel like you would feel better about yourself if you did. If I remember right, something about your sugar? Your Dr. said it would take you six months to get it under control?

If you are worried about your weight (not him) then, six months will go by so fast you...it will be over before you know it.

If you are happy with yourself, tell him that you like you the way you are.

If you are not happy in your own skin then, the only person you are letting down is you.

Loosing weight is hard; temptations (especially when it is that time of the month) make it even harder.

What I tell my other is not to cut out every thing that taste good, give yourself a treat at least once a week. Sadly though he is all or nothing...there is never middle ground.

You don't have to jump into the deep end of the pool, wade in if you want to.

I would consider it like smoking, if you just quit...you will fail...baby steps

Cliché "Slow and Steady wins the race"

Good Luck