Thursday, January 10, 2008

A typical conversation

DH: So how was your day?

Me: Pretty good, Ernie was, DAUGHTER, LET GO OVER HIS ELMO RIGHT NOW!!

DH: What was Ernie doing?

Me: Oh it was so funny, he went upstairs and SON, IF YOU DON'T STOP HITTING YOUR SISTER YOU ARE GOING IN TIME OUT. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?

DH: What did he do upstairs?

Me: Well he went upstairs, to the upstairs....THAT'S IT, SON YOU ARE GOING IN TIME OUT, DAUGHTER, STOP CRYING - HE DIDN'T HIT YOU THAT HARD.

DH: Sigh....

Me: (mumbling to myself) Why the fuck did I have kids again? Is this how I like to spend my time...noooo...I would like to be cooking dinner in peace and quiet, but instead I have to....OLIVIA (the dog) GO LAY DOWN. IF I TRIP OVER YOU ONE MORE TIME I'M GOING TO BEAT YOUR ASS.

DH: (says nothing, as he is now absorbed into the TV)

We have great communication at our house, don't we?

2 comments:

Sornie said...

A stellar example of why kids are the scourge of sanity.

Anonymous said...

I completely feel your frustration on this topic!!! I have had many conversations just like it!!